Outside Prescription Acknowledgement & Policy Waiver of Responsibility & Liability
You may have requested to fill a prescription for your pet from an outside pharmacy. As we move forward, it is important that you know some facts.
- If your pet suffers a reaction, comes up positive for heartworm disease or intestinal parasites while under the use of our preventatives, the company that makes it will pay for treatment. Many companies only honor product guarantees when a veterinarian prescribes and sells the product.
- There is a real possibility that the product that you have ordered online could be counterfeit and contain no medicine or dangerous ingredients. We can assure you that any prescription medication you purchase from us has been inspected and approved by the Food and Drug Administration and has been manufactured and packaged according to United States regulations.
- As the provider of your pet’s care, our medical records keep track of all drugs dispensed by us to you. When you purchase your prescriptions elsewhere, our computer tracking system is not activated to print instructions for use or to send reminders for follow up exams and/or lab tests that may be needed to monitor results, adverse reactions, or potentially harmful drug reactions.
- Several medications have rebate opportunities when they are purchased from our facility. Manufacturer rebates that would ordinarily be available for products purchased from this hospital are not available when purchased elsewhere.
- As providers, the very best interest in your pet’s health is our top priority. We have very careful and specific drug recommendations and doses for your pet. The number of tablets or capsules, milligram size of the unit, volume, and/or concentration of liquid and number of authorized refills may differ from that prescribed by your veterinarian.
All prescriptions must be requested at the time of your pet’s visit. If one is requested at a later date, there will be an administrative/documentation fee of $10 per prescription. Please allow up to two (2) business days for your prescriptions to be ready for pickup, if said prescriptions are requested at a date other than your pet’s visit. We will NOT authorize online pharmacy prescriptions via phone, fax, or email.